It’s not every day someone shoots a 59. Especially on the PGA Tour. In fact, it’s only been done 6 times in the history of the tour.
That’s why, when it happens, the golfing world sits up and takes notice. When Jim Furyk carded his 59 the other day at Conway Farms, he did so with a bag full of equipment most of us would be frothing at the mouth to play.
Let’s take a quick look to see exactly what he had in the bag on that record-setting day:
- Driver: 9.5 degree Callaway FT Optiforce with Fujikura Speeder VC 6.2x shaft
- 3 Wood: 13.3 degree Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme with Fujikura Speeder VC 8.0X shaft
- Hybrid: 20 degree Ping Anser with UST Mamiya Proforce VTS 100HX shaft
- Irons: Callaway Razr X Forged (4-PW) with KBS Tour 110 R-Flex shafts
- Wedges: Callaway X Forged (50 degree), Vokey SM4 256-14 ( 55 degree), Vokey TVD (60 degree), all with True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shafts
- Putter: Odyssey Versa #1W (White/Black/White)
- Ball: Callaway Hex Black Tour