Rory McIlroy is the undisputed #1 player in the world. What a performance by Rory this weekend to defeat Phil Mickelson by one shot at the PGA Championship. That makes three straight wins, and two straight majors for Rory. Absolutely amazing, clutch, solid, stellar… we could go on.
As we do, let’s take a look at what the young phenom had in his bag to bring home his FOURTH career major title (that’s 2 PGA’s, 1 U.S. Open, and 1 British Open… if you’re counting!).
- Driver: 8.5 degree Nike Covert Tour 2.0 with Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70TX shaft
- 3 Wood: 15 degree Nike VRS Covert 2.0 with Fujikura Rombax Pro 95 shaft
- 5 Wood: 19 degree Nike VRS Covert with Fujikura Rombax Pro 95 shaft
- Irons: Nike VR Pro Blades (4-9) all with Royal Precision Project X 7.0 shafts
- Wedges: Nike VR Forged (46, 52, 56 and 59) all with Royal Precision Project X 6.5 shafts
- Putter: Nike Method 006 Prototype
- Ball: Nike RZN Black
Congratulations AGAIN Rory!
We can’t wait for The Masters in the spring. Hopefully the young McIlroy can stay on form and deliver another amazing performance to complete a career grand slam. We’d love nothing more.