I have to admit, I was pulling for Westwood and Woods on Sunday of the 2013 British Open. However, as players started making the turn, and Phil started making birdies… I was full-out pulling for lefty. Didn’t think he’d be a factor, but he was, and with long-time friend, partner and caddy Jim ‘Bones’ Mackay, he got the job done. So happy for Phil.
- Driver: Oh wait, yeah, Phil doesn’t carry a driver :)
- 3 Wood: Phil’s Phrankenwood – 13 degree Callaway X Hot 3Deep with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki K 70X shaft
- Hybrid: 17 degree Ping Anser with Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage shaft
- Irons: Callaxy X Forged 2013 (4-PW) with KBS Tour V1 shaft in the 4-iron, and KBS Tour V2 shafts in the rest
- Wedges: Callaway X Series Jaws wedges (52, 56), and Callaway Mack Daddy 2 wedges (60, 64), all with KBS Tour V2 shafts
- Putter: Odyssey Versa #9 (white/black/white) with milled sight line and SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip.
- Ball: Callaway HEX Chrome+
Congrats Phil on winning your first British Open!
Hopefully it’s the first of many more to come…