Earlier today, Nike announced a brand new lineup of ‘Verdana’ equipment for women. Said to be ‘designed from the grip down’, these clubs are the lightest set ever built by Nike.
Included in the Verdana set is 11 clubs, including a driver, 3 wood, 4-6 hybrids, 7-PW, SW, a putter and matching carry bag. Yes, this is a complete matching set, bag and all!
Tom Stites, director of Club Product Creation at Nike Golf commented on the Verdanas:
“The set was designed specifically for female athletes looking to maximize distance and control,” said Tom Stites, Director of Club Product Creation. “With this ultra-light set, slower swing speeds can now gain more distance without sacrificing control the course demands.”
Nike Verdana Key Specs
- Driver: 460cc with additional loft for higher trajectory
- 18* 3 wood with low CG
- Hybrids feature wide sole and slight offset
- Irons and wedges feature a wider sole design, larger face profiles and variable face thickness
- Putter is a classic heel-toe weighted blade putter
- Carry bag designed for use on cart or carry (includes a dual strap)
- Set is available in standard and petite (-1″) lengths.
Nike Verdana Photos
The Nike Verdana set is available at a pro shop or golf retailer near you. MSRP $799.99.