Heading into today’s final round at the HSBC Champions, Johnson held a three shot lead. But that lead was lost early, as DJ opened with a bogey, while Ian Poulter opened with two birdies to tie for the lead. In the end however, Johnson managed to pull clear with a chip-in eagle on the 16th, and birdie on the 17th. In the end, it was a three shot victory for Dustin Johnson (-24) over Ian Poulter (-21) and Graeme McDowell (-20).
Following the triumph, Dustin was asked if a major championship could be in his future:
“This is probably my biggest win. With the field and the tournament, ya know the WGC. Hopefully it’s just better things to comes.”
As we do around here, let’s take a quick look at what Dustin had in the bag to bring home victory:
- Driver: 10.5 degree TaylorMade SLDR with Fujikura Fuel 2.0 X-Flex shaft
- 3 Wood: 15.5 degree TaylorMade R9 with Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X-Stiff shaft
- 5 Wood: 19 degree TaylorMade R9 with Aldila RIP Alpha 90 X-Stiff shaft
- Irons: TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB Forged (3-PW) with True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue shafts
- Wedges: TaylorMade TP xFT (54 and 60 Degrees) with KBS (Black Nickel) shafts
- Putter: Scotty Cameron for Titleist Newport 2 Prototype
- Ball: TaylorMade Lethal
Well played Dustin!